Who We Are
Humanitarian Relief and Development Council (HRDC) is a national NGO delivering high-quality programming to beneficiaries across Somalia in core areas outlined by what we do, HRDC is a Humanitarian relief, development and advocacy organization committed to community living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. We have been building powerful partnerships for community since 2015, we are dedicated to working with the Somalia most vulnerable people and serve all people regardless of race, ethnicity or gender, HRDC programming is directed at refugees, returnees, vulnerable host communities, and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Somalia.
Communities free from poverty and destitution with dignity.
To decrease poverty in partnership with communities for sustainable development.
The core values that drive HRDC are impartiality, accountability and integrity, coupled with professionalism and a commitment to learning and innovation.
We are transparent and accountable.
• We are reliable and trust worthy.
• We work as a team.
• We respect diversity.
• We are creative and innovative.
Communities against Poverty
- Promote equitable access to food and sustainable livelihoods.
- Address child hunger and malnutrition.
- Provide access to quality education for all.
- Promote social cohesion, peace building and reconciliation.
- Provide access to WASH services including potable water, sanitation and community sensitization.
- Promote humanitarian protection, child protection and gender outcomes through advocacy & lobbying on behalf of women, children and vulnerable populations.
Where We Work
HDc’s staff are to be found across the country’s three regions. We have experience work in several contexts, both on the frontline of conflict, in spaces of refuge and in the national capital, Mogadishu.
As a national NGO, HRDC holds a unique position in the social fabric of Somalia. A core value of the organization is impartiality, and as such, HRDC works throughout the country with a diverse group of valued partners, each of whom support, facilitate and enable the efforts of HRDC in its core areas.
In addition to local leaders and community groups, with whom HRDC works formally and informally, the organization partners on a larger scale with numerous organizations, including: